Monday, October 12, 2009

First Post -- Who am I exactly?

Call me Kristine. I am an law student. I live a simple life.

Simple. Yet horrorific. I know, not "horrific". Horrorific. I prefer to describe my life that way. I guess the reason is that I can't do everything that I wanted. It seems that my life is meant to be decided by these people around me. Did they even ask if I wanted to be a lawyer? No. But I took up Law course anyway. Did they ask me if I wanted to be an accountant? No. But I finished my pre-law course Accountancy anyway. Did they ask me if I wanted to be a CPA? No. But I'm taking the board exams this year. See? My career life is controlled by them.

Them? Who the hell are they?

Parents. Sounds familiar?

I always wanted to be an artist. A writer. Or someone with a job that would observe and see more things that appear in life. Law. Accountancy. I guess, they make you see things. But things that are limited to your job. Papa said, I won't live a happy life with arts. He said, there's no money in hobbies and arts. Will being a lawyer or an accountant make my life worth it? I tried to tell him that we all live once. Why can't I live my life by seeing the world?

But what is done is done. I graduated from college. Went to law school. Turned twenty-three. Taking the board exams this year. And didn't even try to look for a job. Great. What a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment